Amity Youth Lacrosse CODE OF CONDUCT
Please make a conscious effort to make all support for our teams positive and respectful. Remember, referees are going to miss calls, our players will be pushed from behind and slashed. It is going to happen. Our boys will also be the offenders (hopefully not often)… so please leave any discussions with the referees or an opposing team to our coaches. AYL will adopt a simple sportsmanship protocol that easily solves this issue: Players, parents and other AYL spectators should never directly address a member of an opposing team or referee unless it is in a positive manner. Any infraction of this kind will be addressed by the AYL officers. We need to focus on our boys and our program, never on a competitor or on another program. Our coaches know that the safety of our kids is paramount every time we step on the field. Let the kids play, let the coaches coach, and let the parents enjoy some great lacrosse.
~ HONOR THE GAME ~
Lacrosse should be fun for players, coaches and parents.
Amity Youth Lacrosse believes that boys should develop skills and a love for the game of lacrosse while also learning the value of sportsmanship.
To enable the athletes who wish to play lacrosse under AYL’s philosophy of a positive experience, learn to play and love the game and to nurture within them a sense of respect for others, Amity Youth Lacrosse would like to offer some guidelines for players, coaches and parents.
1. “HONOR THE GAME” of lacrosse. Display good sportsmanship at all times on and off the field. Set a positive example.
2. Respect your teammates, coaches, referees and opponents at all times, even when others do not. Coaches and referees give their time for your benefit and should be respected.
3. Give 100% effort at each practice and game.
4. Support and encourage your teammates. Players should understand that lacrosse is a team game, and they should strive to be "team players."
5. Know the rules of the game of lacrosse and abide by them.
6. Wear the required equipment at all games and practices, and keep your equipment well maintained.
7. Don't be afraid to make mistakes; that is part of learning.
8. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
9. Obscene language or gestures will not be tolerated. Bullying will not be tolerated.
10. Learn from your coaches; practice hard; play smart; Have Fun!
Coaches- Amity Youth Lacrosse firmly believes that young athletes learn valuable lessons by watching the behaviors and attitudes of the adults who supervise their activities.
1. “HONOR THE GAME” of lacrosse. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices. You are role models!
2. A coach is a role model, who must act with the highest moral character possible.
3. Coaches must reinforce the self image of each player. A coach must be positive and constructive.
4. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials.
5. Teach the rules of lacrosse. Abide by those rules in practices and games.
6. Establish objectives for the team and players and inform them of team and individual goals.
7. Emphasize the FUN of the game and the team, putting forth effort at all times, not wins and losses.
8. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
9. Obscene language or gestures will not be tolerated.
Parents- Amity Youth Lacrosse firmly believes that young athletes learn valuable lessons by watching the behaviors and attitudes of adults.
1. “HONOR THE GAME” of lacrosse. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all times. You are role models!
2. Know the rules of the game of lacrosse.
3. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials. Respect the coaches, who give their time for the benefit of the athletes.
4. Do not coach your child. Let players play and coaches coach, and support both positively.
5. Emphasize the FUN of the game and the team, putting forth effort at all times, not wins and losses.
6. Do not EVER criticize players regardless of the circumstance.
7. Follow the "24 Hour Rule"; if you have a complaint resulting from a game (or practice) situation, speak with the coach on the following day.
8. If there is a serious problem, notify the AYL Division Director.
9. Obscene language or gestures will not be tolerated. Bullying is not tolerated.
1. Any conduct, including abusive language and/ or gestures, hitting, racially insensitive remarks, damage to property or belongings, or any other conduct that reflects poorly on yourself or AYL is deemed to be unacceptable and will not be tolerated. This rule applies to all players, parents, coaches, siblings and guests at all times when in or around games or practices as a member of AYL.
2. During a tournament or game when you are away, you represent the Amity Community and AYL. Any conduct such as destruction of property, consumption of drugs or alcohol, shoplifting, or any other such activity will not be tolerated. This rule applies for the entire time one is away for a game or tournament.
The Coaches of AYL will deal with unacceptable conduct at its sole discretion, imposing warnings, suspension or expulsion, as it deems appropriate. ANY SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION BASED ON VIOLATIONS OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANIED BY A TUITION REFUND.